Congratulations on your new position and welcome to UVA!
You are joining an academical village comprised of talented citizens actively engaged in educating and inspiring a new generation of leaders. Our population of faculty, staff, and students is intentionally diverse to provide a broad experience of cultures and points of view.
To help ensure you make a smooth and successful transition, our department coordinates networking opportunities each semester. All recently hired executives are invited, as well as the Vice Presidents, Deans, and various guests.
The network’s goal is to help you transition and integrate into the University, preparing you to succeed in your job as quickly as possible. We believe the network will help you be productive more quickly, be more engaged in your work, and remain with the University for a longer period of time.
- Welcome letter from Teresa Sullivan, President
- Academic Calendar
- Moving and Relocation
- President’s Page
- Resources for Faculty
- Strategic Planning
- Student Traditions and Governance
- University Human Resources
- 2006 Higher Education Restructuring Act
- Health System
For more information about our Executive Onboarding Program, please contact Carolyn Cullen at 434.924.0247 or email@example.com.
Coaching for Executives
As part of the New Executive Network, we offer an optional coaching package in the first 90 days of employment to all new executives. The package includes three total hours that accelerate the onboarding and acclimation process. Through one-on-one engagement with a coach, you may choose to explore how to:
- Navigate the UVA culture, including creating partnerships and coalitions
- Diagnose your new role and understand its challenges and opportunities
- Develop a transition acceleration plan
- Establish your leadership brand so intent equals impact
- Clarify priorities and their urgency
If you would like to continue the coaching engagement after 90 days, we offer package rates which include a behavioral assessment. Contact Tonia Duncan-Rivers at 434.924.4320 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.