About the EAN
The Exceptional Assistants’ Network (EAN) consists of more than 600 administrative and service support employees who have graduated from the Exceptional Assistants’ Seminar Series. Members of the network focus on professional development, networking, and community service.
Ashley Felder (HR Representative) firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Ashley Felder at 703.963.7832 or email@example.com.
The Exceptional Assistants’ Seminar Series is designed to enhance administrative skills, broaden understanding of the University culture and to introduce program graduates to a network that focuses on personal development and community service. Sessions are designed to incorporate experiential learning through exercises that expand understanding, skill, and professional competencies with a special focus on organizational agility, developing self, communicating effectively, and individual efficiency.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding Your Role at the University
- DiSC® Personality Assessment
- Emotional Intelligence
- Developing a Leadership Presence & Mindset
- Managing Stress for Work/Life Balance
- Communicating Effectively
- Dealing with Difficult People and Situations
- Email and Records Management
- Using Outlook for Effective Communications
Who Should Participate?
The program is open to any full-time U.Va. employee serving in an administrative support or service role.
What is Required of the Participant?
- Attend all sessions
- Arrive on time
- Permission from manager to participate in the program
What is Required of the Participant’s Manager?
- Support the participant’s attendance at all sessions.
- Discuss coverage and workload expectations with participant in advance.
- Encourage and support future employee development opportunities.
There is no cost to participants.
As a member of the EAN, you will have the opportunity to help the Charlottesville community by engaging in outreach opportunities for local schools and nonprofit organizations. Participating in these activities will not only give you a sense of personal satisfaction, but also the opportunity to network with other members, explore career and personal interests, and perhaps uncover hidden skills and talents! Look at some of our previous activities listed below.
What Have We Done?
- Donated toiletries to the Shelter for Help in Emergency
- Donated a care package to Jackson-Via Elementary School Teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week
- Delivered Valentines cupcakes to refugee families
- Delivered bags of cheer (clothing & toys) to the pediatric patients in the Acute Unit at UVA Medical Center
- Sponsored a Back to School Drive to provide school supplies for area children
- Prepared lunch at the Salvation Army
- Donated gifts to GRACE Christmas Gift Program
- Delivered a jumbo Easter basket filled with treats to the Charlottesville Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Donated food for the Thanksgiving Drive (Blue Ridge Food Bank)
- Donated leave hours to the University Leave Bank
If you have a community service event in mind, please share your idea with an EAN Ambassador.